10:02 | June 1, 2020
Today I woke up sad… I haven’t slept much, I took half of the day off yesterday reading and watching videos about what is going on in the US rn. And what has been going on in the whole world for hundreds of years for the matter..
I really wanted to speak up earlier, and I’m sorry I didn’t, but I also really wanted to educate myself first and I didn’t wanted to do or say anything wrong, because as a white privileged person I don’t understand and I will never understand. But being silent is a part of the problem.
I’m not going to post anything makeup related today because I feel like it’s wrong. I’m going to do more research, I’m going to try to use my platforms to educate people about the matter. As a human being, I have an obligation to stand up and fight for equality.
Things you can do to help:
– LISTEN to people in marginalized groups.
– Educate yourselves! Most of us have access to google, youtube and so on. Do your research.
– Donate money to organizations
– Sign petitions, it literally takes MINUTES, and it’s free.
– Take all those uncomfortable discussions with your racist friends and family members.
This is NOT just a TREND going on on social media you guys! This shit is happening EVERY day and had been for a hundreds of years for millions of people. This is not going to disappear after this wave is ”over”
I stand, always <3